Alcohol Inks on Metal



I’ve never used alcohol inks on metal but I really think the look is great and it can add a dash of color or a deep almost enameled look. And we all know from my recent retail therapy shopping spree that I have some now.

B-Sue Boutiques says that you might need a little “tooth” on the on the metal since the inks like to grab on to a little something. She does her regular patina (or uses a fine steel wool) and then uses her inks. She follows this up with a coat of Renaissance Wax to seal it all. I’ve highlighted her name so you can check out her instructions. Since I don’t any experience with these inks I thought I’d pull up a little extra info for all of us and I’ve listed it here. Look out brass and copper here I come!

The Enchanted Gallery

Lima Beads

Tim Holtz

I really didn’t know it was so versatile and can be used on polymer clay too. What a wonderful product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment