No, not Snow!



Today's kiln was a bit of a surprise. Some good and some totally yucky. I had purchased some new glazes and couldn't wait to see how they worked. This is where my inexperience with clay really sucks! Things I wanted to run didn't - things I didn't think would drip - well, you get the idea. I layered different glazes - looks good on pots, right? On beads - not so good.

It's not the glazes fault - (I could use a blinkie here)- USER ERROR! On, the bright side, most of the kiln load turned out and the pieces that aren't exactly my favorites were a learning experience. Besides, they're now subject to torture.

Torture you say? Absolutely. I can now etch them - see what sandblasting does to them and who knows what else can be conjured up. Any ideas?

Of the beads that turned out I thought I'd post this set I made for a friend. It's a collaboration and she requested the color and theme (Snowflakes). If I didn't love her to pieces I'd scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment