Gaffer Trio



I really do not know why I don’t work with this glass more. I don’t have a very large stash of it but little by little I collect it as I can afford it. To say it works like butter is an understatement. It’s not soupy, has this thick molasses tendency but isn’t hard or stiff.

I pulled from my stash a little of this and that to play with. I love the results and under the light they reflect like a champ. Sorry, the photo does the little luster I have no justice. What I haven’t’ figured out yet is the proper placement and flame for the “luster glasses” There must be one I am using that gives off this incredible gold (I think it’s Gold Luster) – looks like gold leaf on the finished bead.

Yes, I know I need more than a stick of this or that to figure things out but spending money is not going to happen soon. It’s a reduction glass and if I’m reading the notes on LE correctly Kendra said a very quick reduction hit, saved for last, and in the kiln.

These beads are organic and full of a variety of colors so it’s a little hard to pick out what’s what beyond the Blue Chalcedony/ Purple Rose and the base use of white or black to work on.

Deb Batten has done some wonderful work in Gaffer – She’s our great Gaffer resource from New Zealand and writes a lot of great tutorials. You can check Deb’s blog and the Gaffer Girls Lampwork blog – or call the girls directly for more of all things gaffer. I’ve never met a more helpful group of people. I know I am so not done working with Gaffer.




more to come - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment