My Beads Arrived!


Actually - My beads have been in the post office while I was in Chicago with my daughter and son-in-law.  Today it was a wonderful surprise to receive them and see all the goodies.  Look at that flower - it's a button and it's going to make a great closure.  And the colors - Whoa, what a great combination....I'd of never thought of it, but I love it! 

When I wrote to Raida about how much I love this set I had to tell her that my Grandfather grew sunflowers in the yard.  I didn't explain that he loved the birds and sunflower seeds and every year we'd cook and salt them and then dry them in the oven.   He'd keep unsalted ones for the birds and we'd nosh on the cooked ones all winter ourselves.



This is the soup I sent to Raida.  She said she felt "spoiled".  Frankly, I think we both do!  I sure hope I can do her beads justice and don't forget - We'll be having that Blog Hop on July 28th so you'll be able to see what Raida and I did with our exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment