Recycled Solar Jars





I like canning - mostly when I do can it's tomatoes, jams, or jellies. My daughter sent me a jpg from Etsy of some lights she'd like to have on our deck for the wedding, scattered about the yard so people don't trip on things. I thought they were a great idea - but our budget is tight. Good thing Mom likes to figure things out. It's not like I have tons of time to do this - but, when it's your only daughter - our baby of the family - well - you do what you do.


First off - I recognize the solar pieces. If you've been in Home Depot or any place they carry the solar lights you light a path with then so do you. They are not pricey (under $4.00). Cool beans - but could I do it? Oh hell yeah! Once I figured out - thanks to the neat display at HD - I found I could easily take the stake out. For good measure I cut off the plastic that was formed to hold it on - and - TAH DAH - they sit EXACTLY on a standard jar top - well.......there it is.


This is what they look like (day light and at night)- I sprayed the jar rings to match and just have to silicone them down or something. They cast a unique light on the deck steps. I like it - she will love it.


Onward and Upward.


No comments:

Post a Comment